IWPTT Minutes for October 19, 2016
The meeting was called to order at 6:35pm by President Kara Meents.
Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from January 13, 2016.
Current Balance – $2,171.76 . Usually we split it amongst districts. This year we will give money in one lump sum to one building. More discussion to follow.
Voting of new Board Members – Treasurer – Jenny Leonard is stepping down as Treasurer. Trixie Pankey made a motion to accept Maggie Matthews as new Treasurer. Katie Fowler seconded the motion. Krissy Rhodes and Kara Meents will also stay on the account for signing checks.
Registration table in August had a great response. Lots of volunteer spots were filled. Rita Fink won a $25 gift card to Dollar General for signing up to volunteer.
We also had representation at Open House with an IWPTT Table.
This year, IWPTT will be giving money raised from last year to one building in one lump sum. Kara sent out an application to all principals in the district. Each district can submit their wish list. Applications are due at the end of the month. We will review applications at our next meeting on November 9th. This will give members a say in where/how money raised is being dispersed.
Movie Night is this Friday, October 21st. We usually have about 150-200 and we’re pretty much on track. Kara has purchased food/drinks from Best Supermarket. Ice Age Collision Course will be played. Our volunteer sheets for Movie Nights are filled.
Family Reading Night – November 17th. We will be doing concessions again this year. We only have one volunteer signed up so we discussed having a group of confirmation kids help out. Trixie will check with her church to see if they would be interested in sending volunteers.
Mr. Keigher wants to donate a Harry Potter picture on behalf of the Upper Elementary to IWPTT to raise money. An artist created the picture at the Upper Elementary School. Kara is asking for ideas on how to promote it. Katie offered to take a picture of it and send it to Kara.
Kara will talk with Jenni McTaggart about getting an American Girl Doll for a future raffle.
Apparel Order through Jamie McElroy – Krissy Rhodes will head our next apparel order. Krissy will find out how much time is needed before orders need to be placed in order to get orders back by Christmas.
There are still a few apparel items left from sales last year. Trixie recommended doing a raffle at our upcoming Movie Night. Katie will cut the papers for the drawing and make a poster explaining the raffle.
Trixie Pankey will be chairing Teacher Appreciation.
Lisa McMillan will organize Parent/Teacher Conference meals.
Kara and Katie will take care of organizing Movie Nights.
Kara will head Family Reading Night Concessions.
Jen Kraft will chair the Spring Carnival Raffle Table.
Kara discussed holding a dance to raise money. Discussion on this will continue so that we can be sure to offer more to the Upper Elementary School students.
10. The next PTT meeting is set for Wednesday, November 9th at 6:30pm
in the GES cafeteria.
11. The meeting adjourned at 7:15pm.
IWPTT Minutes for January 13, 2016
- The meeting was called to order at 6:35 by President Kara Meents.
- Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from September 23, 2015.
- No Treasurer’s Report available.
- Family Reading Night concessions sales were up this year. More than $200 profit.
- Spirit Wear sales raised $600-$700 profit. Sales and pick up went well. Lots of orders were placed. There are still more items available for sale. Contact Kara Meents if interested.
- Youth Boys Basketball Concessions begin this Saturday morning. All food has been purchased and delivered to the Danforth Community Building. There are still a few times slots that need to be filled for workers. PTT is considering buying a pizza pizzaz in the future so that we no longer have to borrow one. Concessions include: Donuts (from Hometown), pretzels and cheese, drinks, candy, and pizza. All were purchased from Sam’s.
- Our next Movie Night is tentatively scheduled for Friday, February 5th.
- The school Carnival will be held Friday, March 4, 2016. Jen Kraft will be heading the committee. Discussed options for big prizes instead of bikes. Jen will look into this further. Brooke Rorem-Wilms recommended having a place designated to keep unclaimed prizes until they could be picked up. Kara will talk to Deb Talbert to see if she has a recommendation. Signs will be posted at the carnival if any changes are made regarding late pick up.
- Mrs. Ballard asked if PTT would be interested in donating four cases of water to tomorrow night’s Kindergarten Night which will be promoting healthy habits. Four cases were donated.
- GES staff member indicated a need for a guard shed for crossing guards and supervisors to serve as shelter during inclement weather.
- Kara will review the plan for disbursing money raised by PTT.
- Brooke Rorem-Wilms asked if getting an American Girl doll for a PTT raffle is an option yet. Kara said it’s been 8 or 9 years since the last one was donated, so we should be close to being able to apply for it again.
- Kara will copy all PTT forms/flyers that need to be sent home with students before distributing them to schools. This is to ensure all information is sent out.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:05pm.
- The next PTT meeting is set for Wednesday, February 24 at 6:30pm. At this meeting, we will discuss contacts made and donations collected for the upcoming school carnival.
- The meeting was brought to order at 6:05 by Krissy Rhodes.
- Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from February 19, 2014.
- Treasurer’s report read by Krissy Rhodes. $260 will be given to each building, which is up from $225 last year. This will leave $341.47 for next year’s IWPTT start up.
- Jen Kraft reported on the school carnival raffle table organized by the PTT. No totals were given yet, but overall it went well. Items that went over well were noted for next year. Discussed whether or not to include 25 cent items next year, as they didn’t go over as well. Mrs. Deb Talbert suggested keeping a few for those students that only have few dollars to spend.
- Trixie Pankey headed Teacher Appreciation meals. Building principals sent out thanks for all of the great food. Teachers who attended tonight’s meeting also expressed their gratitude.
- There is still no chair yet for BoxTops. Those interested can contact Krissy or Raelene, Co-Chairs of IWPTT.
- Discussed finding volunteers for 2014/2015 School Registration. PTT is looking for volunteers to help with table set up, work a shift for event sign-ups, and to put together new teacher baskets. Also discussed putting together a couple of backpacks filled with school supplies and raffling them off at the table. Krissy will be sending out sign-ups via e-mail. Considered having BoxTops sign-ups at registration table for parents willing to help cut BoxTops.
- There were no correspondences from teachers, principals, or staff.
- Krissy will check PTT e-mails this summer.
- The next IWPTT meeting will be held in September. Official date TBD.
- Meeting adjourned at 6:20.
IWPTT Minutes for February 19, 2014
- The meeting was brought to order at 6:05pm by Krissy Rhodes.
- No Treasurer’s report available.
- Jen Kraft, Secretary, read minutes from September 26, 2013.
- Krissy thanked Sara Pree for her efforts with recent Pom Pom sales.
- BoxTops Chair Jenni McTaggart is stepping down. PTT is seeking a new chair. Those interested can contact Krissy or Raelene, Co-Chairs of IWPTT.
- BoxTops Totals are as follows:
- DES Spring 2013 $454.00 earned
- DES Christmas 2013 $469.50 earned
- DES Jan/Feb 2014 $45.00 earned
- GES Spring 2013 $643.20 earned
- GES Christmas 2013 $1,224.40 earned – Mrs. Denton’s 2B won honors of duct taping Ms. Fancher
- GES Jan/Feb 2014 $195.00 earned
- Trixie Pankey suggested having a parent sign up in each classroom at the beginning of the year to be responsible for cutting class BoxTops.
- Discussed assigning an e-mail checker for PTT e-mail to ensure all e-mails are promptly addressed. Kara Meents volunteered to check until the end of February and Trixie Pankey offered to cover through the end of the school year.
- Our last Movie Night was a huge success! Co-Chairs Kara Meents and Katie Fowler are looking for more volunteers for upcoming K-5th Grade Movie Night (Friday, February 28th 6-8pm at IWMS Gym). A one call now will be sent requesting more volunteers. Discussed possibility of having High School students/groups help out with chaperoning Movie Night event. Krissy Rhodes was going to look into this. Heather Frank will be in charge of concession candy and food.
- The PTT is collecting items and monetary donations for the raffle table at the upcoming school carnival (Friday, March 7th). A sign-up sheet for working at the raffle table will be sent to all PTT members via e-mail.
- Trixie Boma spoke about the e-mails she will soon be sending regarding Teacher Appreciation Week.
- The next IWPTT meeting will be in April. Official date TBD.
- Meeting adjourned 6:45pm.
The P.T.T. held a Back to School Raffle at registration. The winners of a backpack from Farmer’s State Bank of Danforth were:
Karina Pina, Taylor Hartke, and Michael Hartke
Each of the IW Elementary Schools held a basket raffle at their Open House this Fall.
The winners of the raffle at IWES Danforth were:
Boy Crayola Basket – Preston Janssen
Girl Crayola Basket – Jaylee Copas
Raider Basket – Maria Zavala
The winners of the raffle at IWUES Thawville were:
Raider Basket – Logan Oster
Fall Basket – Madison Hull
We hope to see you tonight at the IWPTT meeting at 6:30 at the IW Gilman Elementary Cafeteria!!
Sarah Pree and Heather Frank