IWPTT Minutes for January 13, 2016
- The meeting was called to order at 6:35 by President Kara Meents.
- Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from September 23, 2015.
- No Treasurer’s Report available.
- Family Reading Night concessions sales were up this year. More than $200 profit.
- Spirit Wear sales raised $600-$700 profit. Sales and pick up went well. Lots of orders were placed. There are still more items available for sale. Contact Kara Meents if interested.
- Youth Boys Basketball Concessions begin this Saturday morning. All food has been purchased and delivered to the Danforth Community Building. There are still a few times slots that need to be filled for workers. PTT is considering buying a pizza pizzaz in the future so that we no longer have to borrow one. Concessions include: Donuts (from Hometown), pretzels and cheese, drinks, candy, and pizza. All were purchased from Sam’s.
- Our next Movie Night is tentatively scheduled for Friday, February 5th.
- The school Carnival will be held Friday, March 4, 2016. Jen Kraft will be heading the committee. Discussed options for big prizes instead of bikes. Jen will look into this further. Brooke Rorem-Wilms recommended having a place designated to keep unclaimed prizes until they could be picked up. Kara will talk to Deb Talbert to see if she has a recommendation. Signs will be posted at the carnival if any changes are made regarding late pick up.
- Mrs. Ballard asked if PTT would be interested in donating four cases of water to tomorrow night’s Kindergarten Night which will be promoting healthy habits. Four cases were donated.
- GES staff member indicated a need for a guard shed for crossing guards and supervisors to serve as shelter during inclement weather.
- Kara will review the plan for disbursing money raised by PTT.
- Brooke Rorem-Wilms asked if getting an American Girl doll for a PTT raffle is an option yet. Kara said it’s been 8 or 9 years since the last one was donated, so we should be close to being able to apply for it again.
- Kara will copy all PTT forms/flyers that need to be sent home with students before distributing them to schools. This is to ensure all information is sent out.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:05pm.
- The next PTT meeting is set for Wednesday, February 24 at 6:30pm. At this meeting, we will discuss contacts made and donations collected for the upcoming school carnival.