January 11, 2018
November 30, 2017 Minutes PTT Meeting
- Meeting opened by president Kara Meents
- Kara Meents read secretary minutes from last meeting
- Maggie Matthews read treasurer’s report showing a balance of $434.63
- Maggie shared the profit from each event thus far
- $297.23 Movie Night
- $17.58 FRN
- Old Business was discussed and it was made know again that the president and secretary positions were open.
- New Business was discussed
- Brooke Wilms will pick a date and contact NHS students soon.
- Winter fundraising ideas were shared by Kara
- Kids paint night: Kara was going to contact Megan Ulrichs (president of art club) – Amanda Toohill and Maggie Albrecht volunteered to co-chair this event.
- Youth basketball concessions was discussed – no one volunteered
- Glow Dodgeball was discussed for middle schoolers – Trixie and Maggie Albrecht volunteered to co-chair this event.
- Next meeting will be Jan 18, 6:30 at GES cafe.
March 26, 2017
IWPTT Minutes for March 23, 2017
The meeting was called to order at 6:35pm by President Kara Meents.
Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from November 9, 2016.
was read by Kara Meents – With Raider Apparel Sales, two Movie Nights, Elf Calls, Boys and Girls Basketball Concessions, and Family Reading Night, the PTT profited $2,182.50.
PTT held many recent events that could not have
been successful without all of our parent volunteers. These events included: Raider Apparel Sales, two Movie Nights, Elf Calls, Boys and Girls Basketball Concessions, Family Reading Night, and the School Carnival Raffle.
PTT also donated two cases of water to DES for Family
– Kara will find out if the building Principals are interested in holding a Walk-A-Thon this year. A chairperson is still needed. The PTT would get the paperwork out. Each school would pick their own date. We would need parents to help with counting money
and possibly volunteering at the event. Trixie Pankey already has the flyer. Flyers would just need to be printed and distributed. Brooke Willms suggested top sellers get a ride to school in a fire truck. An iPod for the top “seller” was also discussed.
Those in attendance voted on the fire truck ride. Brooke also said she would be willing to donate donuts to the class of the winning student. These would be delivered by the firemen on the day of the ride to school. Kara will e-mail Trixie to see if she
would contact the fire department about the incentive.
Teacher Appreciation Meals
– Trixie (Chair) – Only 5 openings left!
Next Meeting TBD
January 22, 2016
IWPTT Minutes for January 13, 2016
- The meeting was called to order at 6:35 by President Kara Meents.
- Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from September 23, 2015.
- No Treasurer’s Report available.
- Family Reading Night concessions sales were up this year. More than $200 profit.
- Spirit Wear sales raised $600-$700 profit. Sales and pick up went well. Lots of orders were placed. There are still more items available for sale. Contact Kara Meents if interested.
- Youth Boys Basketball Concessions begin this Saturday morning. All food has been purchased and delivered to the Danforth Community Building. There are still a few times slots that need to be filled for workers. PTT is considering buying a pizza pizzaz in the future so that we no longer have to borrow one. Concessions include: Donuts (from Hometown), pretzels and cheese, drinks, candy, and pizza. All were purchased from Sam’s.
- Our next Movie Night is tentatively scheduled for Friday, February 5th.
- The school Carnival will be held Friday, March 4, 2016. Jen Kraft will be heading the committee. Discussed options for big prizes instead of bikes. Jen will look into this further. Brooke Rorem-Wilms recommended having a place designated to keep unclaimed prizes until they could be picked up. Kara will talk to Deb Talbert to see if she has a recommendation. Signs will be posted at the carnival if any changes are made regarding late pick up.
- Mrs. Ballard asked if PTT would be interested in donating four cases of water to tomorrow night’s Kindergarten Night which will be promoting healthy habits. Four cases were donated.
- GES staff member indicated a need for a guard shed for crossing guards and supervisors to serve as shelter during inclement weather.
- Kara will review the plan for disbursing money raised by PTT.
- Brooke Rorem-Wilms asked if getting an American Girl doll for a PTT raffle is an option yet. Kara said it’s been 8 or 9 years since the last one was donated, so we should be close to being able to apply for it again.
- Kara will copy all PTT forms/flyers that need to be sent home with students before distributing them to schools. This is to ensure all information is sent out.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:05pm.
- The next PTT meeting is set for Wednesday, February 24 at 6:30pm. At this meeting, we will discuss contacts made and donations collected for the upcoming school carnival.
September 28, 2015
IWPTT Minutes for September 23, 2015
- The meeting was called to order at 6:35 by Co-President Kara Meents.
- Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from August 19, 2015.
- Kara Meents updated everyone that checks will get dispersed Friday to each school from the money PTT raised last school year.
- Face Painting raised $46.00.
- Open House – DES and GES Open Houses are coming up. Discussed whether or not there would be an opportunity for a member of PTT to discuss what IWPTT is. Katie Fowler recommended hanging signs throughout the buildings to encourage families to stop by the PTT table. It was also discussed that setting up a table at 6th grade and Freshman orientations each year would be a good way to keep parents informed and to get them involved.
- PTT Money Raised – Kara Meents sent Dr. Dvorak an e-mail regarding the possibility of not evenly distributing the money raised and instead requesting that buildings “apply” based on their needs. It was also discussed that it could help to receive applications early so that PTT can tell who/what money is being raised for. Mr. Harkins shared with Kara that GES used last year’s PTT donation to purchase an iPad and stands for Uno Books.
- New/Old Board Members – Kara Meents, President, Jenny Leonard, Treasurer, Jen Kraft, Secretary
- Apparel Order- Krissy Rhodes will head our next apparel order. This year we will be going through Jamie Wilken. We would like to get all information about the orders out by Family Reading Night on November 19th. Discussed looking into beanies, cinch sacks, water bottles, yoga pants, sweat pants, and zip ups.
- Movie Night – November date is still TBD.
- Family Reading Night – PTT will be doing concessions again this year. Ideas for a free snack were discussed. Mrs. Rodriguez will contact Kasey Kanosky about a s’mores snack recipe so that all grades can bring in the necessary ingredients. PTT also discussed possibly putting up a table with our volunteer sign up sheets at the event.
- Santa’s Elves – Brooke Wilms asked about the possibility of having the elves call students again this year. Kara Meents will ask the High School if a group is still interested in doing this.
- Sign Ups – Volunteer sheets are filling up. There is still a need for sign ups for the basketball concessions this winter.
- Lisa McMillan will send reminders about P/T Conference meals.
- Mrs. Rodriguez discussed the possibility of having a Registration Packet Fair for the parents of incoming kindergarten students in April. The kindergarten teachers would like to have help for parents filling out forms. More information will be available when it gets closer.
- The next PTT meeting is set for Wednesday, October 21st at 6:30pm.
- The meeting adjourned at 7:15pm.
March 19, 2015
IWPTT Minutes for March 12, 2015
- The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm by Co-President Kara Meents.
- Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from December 4, 2014 .
Kara read the Treasurer’s report. We have $3,164.29 in our PTT checking account. The following events contributed to this amount:
- T-Shirt/Sweatpants Sales – earned $750 profit
- Basketball Concessions – earned $1303.00 cost $379.31 profit $923.69
- Spring Movie Night – earned $920.25 cost $226.24 profit $694.01
- T-Shirt/Sweatpants Sales made good money. However, there were problems with the order. Kara suggested we do these sales earlier next year.
- Basketball Concessions – Patrick Grant thanked PTT and offered to let us do the same next year. Kara suggested that PTT consider selling at girls’ games as well. Jenni McTaggart agreed that there was a need and sales would go over well.
- Ford Drive 4 UR School – Kara applied in February with Watseka Ford for the High School Homecoming football game.
- Discussed possibly doing Pizza Palace Pizza Sales at the high school during lunch on sloppy joe days, but we would need a volunteer to sell. This would be an easy fundraiser for PTT to include the High School.
- Gustafson requested we come up with a Box Top promotion for GES & DES. This would go from April 1 to May 15. Brooke Wilms suggested putting the principal on the roof if the school met a goal. Mr. Harkins was fine with the idea. Mrs. Gustafson will look into the past totals to help set a new collection goal for each school. She also noted that Danforth Elementary may just end up having monster truck races at the end of the year as their reward. This event is already booked.
- Harkins suggested PTT look into having a dunk tank fundraiser at Super Saturday or Old Boys’.
APRIL: Spring Carnival Update – Jen Kraft reported that we’ve collected a lot of donations for the raffle table and are in a pretty good place. We do have a few monetary donations that have not been spent (mainly because Walmart donated 2 bikes!) that will be given directly to the carnival fund. Doc’s Drugs Color Sheet – Jamie Eden will let Kara know if Doc’s will do it again. Teacher Appreciation Meals – Trixie noted that we’re in good shape. A lot of parents signed up to help out when they registered their child for school so there were less spots to fill.
MAY: Walk-a-thon Dates: GES May 1st (May 5th Rain Date) DES Week of May 4th – 8th HS May12th (May 13th Rain Date). It was discussed that we may need volunteers to come to schools and count money collected. Students collecting $30 will get a T-Shirt (possibly ones that were printed on the incorrect shirts from T-Shirt Sales at Christmas time). Every $50 collected will get students a ticket to enter a drawing to win a Visa Gift Card or possibly a pool pass to the Onarga Pool. Brooke Wilms will contact Kira about the pool pass. An American Girl doll was also discussed as a potential prize for any of our events. Jenni McTaggart mentioned that if it has been 7 years since we qualified for a doll, we may be eligible again. Mom’s Night Out moved to Friday, May 29th at Inside Out in Gilman – $75 rental fee. Anything raised in ticket sales beyond that will be profit for the PTT. Tickets will be $10 ahead of time for $15 at the door. Volunteers are needed to sell tickets, provide water, appetizers, and desserts. Kara will send an e-mail out to members to sign up.
AUGUST: Registration Table – Kara suggested we do something to make PTT more noticeable at registration. Kara will e-mail Mr. Keigher about possibly moving our table into the gym. Also discussed having a drawing for a family pass to IW sporting events. Also discussed raffling an American Girl doll in Raider wear at registration or Old Boys’ and including new member forms at the table.
SEPTEMBER: Open Houses – hand out new member forms. DATES: GES & DES October 8th, Middle School September 3rd, Thawville September 10th.
Kara suggested sponsoring 1 student per sport by donating a fee to the league. We will have to look into our By Laws. Trixie suggested donating to IW Post Prom. Discussion followed about who to donate to and where to draw the line beyond giving money equally to each school.