Minutes of 09.23.15 Meeting

IWPTT Minutes for September 23, 2015

 

  1. The meeting was called to order at 6:35 by Co-President Kara Meents.
  2. Jen Kraft, Secretary, read the minutes from August 19, 2015.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  1. Kara Meents updated everyone that checks will get dispersed Friday to each school from the money PTT raised last school year.

 

Old Business

  1. Face Painting raised $46.00.
  2. Open House – DES and GES Open Houses are coming up.  Discussed whether or not there would be an opportunity for a member of PTT to discuss what IWPTT is.  Katie Fowler recommended hanging signs throughout the buildings to encourage families to stop by the PTT table.  It was also discussed that setting up a table at 6th grade and Freshman orientations each year would be a good way to keep parents informed and to get them involved.
  3. PTT Money Raised – Kara Meents sent Dr. Dvorak an e-mail regarding the possibility of not evenly distributing the money raised and instead requesting that buildings “apply” based on their needs.  It was also discussed that it could help to receive applications early so that PTT can tell who/what money is being raised for.  Mr. Harkins shared with Kara that GES used last year’s PTT donation to purchase an iPad and stands for Uno Books.

 

New Business

  1. New/Old Board Members – Kara Meents, President, Jenny Leonard, Treasurer, Jen Kraft, Secretary
  2. Apparel Order- Krissy Rhodes will head our next apparel order.  This year we will be going through Jamie Wilken.  We would like to get all information about the orders out by Family Reading Night on November 19th.  Discussed looking into beanies, cinch sacks, water bottles, yoga pants, sweat pants, and zip ups.   
  3. Movie Night – November date is still TBD.  
  4. Family Reading Night – PTT will be doing concessions again this year.  Ideas for a free snack were discussed.  Mrs. Rodriguez will contact Kasey Kanosky about a s’mores snack recipe so that all grades can bring in the necessary ingredients.  PTT also discussed possibly putting up a table with our volunteer sign up sheets at the event.  
  5. Santa’s Elves – Brooke Wilms asked about the possibility of having the elves call students again this  year.  Kara Meents will ask the High School if a group is still interested in doing this.
  6. Sign Ups – Volunteer sheets are filling up.  There is still a need for sign ups for the basketball concessions this winter.
  7. Lisa McMillan will send reminders about P/T Conference meals.
  8. Mrs. Rodriguez discussed the possibility of having a Registration Packet Fair for the parents of incoming kindergarten students in April.  The kindergarten teachers would like to have help for parents filling out forms.  More information will be available when it gets closer.
  9. The next PTT meeting is set for Wednesday, October 21st at 6:30pm.  
  10. The meeting adjourned at 7:15pm.

 

Advertisements

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: