IWPTT Minutes for September 26, 2013
- The meeting was brought to order at 6:35pm by Heather Frank, Co-Chair of the IWPTT.
- Heather noted that she and her Co-Chair, Stacy Reed will no longer be leading the PTT as Co-Chairs. Raelene Honeycutt and Krissy Rhodes volunteered to fill the Co-Chair positions.
- Secretary was filled by Jen Kraft. Former Secretary, Bonnie Bloomquist, resigned from the position at the end of the 2012-2013 school year.
- There will only be one fall PTT meeting, as committee meetings will replace formal meetings.
- The previous minutes from April 4, 2013 were read by Co-Chair Stacy Reed.
- Treasury balance is $450.65. Some of this money will be used to pay for a few prizes for the upcoming Walk-A-Thon on October 23rd at 2pm at each school. Rain Date will be October 30th.
1st Place (Student that collects the most money) – $150 VISA Gift Card
2nd Place – $100 VISA Gift Card
Family that collects the most money – prize TBD
- May 1st, 2013 Walk-A-Thon Recap – A Huge Success! $225 went to each school from the PTT Fund. Money raised was spent on Smart Boards, projectors, and other technology.
High School – $2,148.00
Middle School – $2,215.00
Upper Elementary – $2,367.55
Gilman Elementary – $2,556.67
Danforth Elementary – $2,123.00
- Movie Night set for November 15th .
- Family Reading Night is set for November 21st . Heather Frank will head the concession stand.
- Chairs were assigned to each event for the 2013-2014 school year.
Teacher Appreciation – Trixie Pankey
Spring Carnival – Jen Kraft, Kara Meents, and Rachel Zick
Walk-A-Thon – Stacy Reed and Lisa Hanson
Parent/Teacher Conference Dinners – Lisa McMillan
E-mail Contacts Updates – Trixie Pankey
Family Reading Night Concession Stand – Heather Frank
Movie Night – Kara Meents and Katie Fowler
Box Tops – Jenny McTaggart and Brooke Wilms
IWPTT Website – Amanda Gerdes
- There will not be any basket raffles this year at Open House. It was noted that more money was raised from other IWPTT fundraisers.
- Mr. Harkins was at the meeting and encouraged ALL to follow IW on Twitter. Go to iwest.k12.il.us to see what administrators are tweeting. Mr. Keigher added that it gives you a conversation to have with your child. Mr. Harkins also mentioned that CAMP 911 was a big hit for 2nd and 3rd graders. Thanks to ALL volunteers.
- Thawville is looking for VOLUNTEERS. Look for a mass e-mail about this opportunity from the IWPTT.
- The meeting was adjourned by Heather Frank at 7:30pm.
- Box Tops Committee met after the meeting to discuss promotions.