Thursday~ Jan. 28th, 2010
Opening: The regular meeting of the P.T.T. group was called to order at 6:05 pm on Thursday, Oct. 22nd, 2009 in the Gilman Elementary cafeteria by Heather Frank, Co-President.
13 members signed in.
A. Overview of Secretary’s Report
The minutes of the previous meeting, Oct. 22, 2009 were highlighted by Lisa McMillan.
B. Approval of Treasury Report
The Treasury report was given by Krissy Rhodes. Currently the balance is $891.00
C. Old business and Committee Reports
~Jenni McTaggart announced the winners of the basket raffles. Ideas were shared on how we could improve basket raffle for next year.
~Family Reading Night & P/T Conference Meal Thank You’s were read by Rita Fink. Thank you’s were received from Danforth and Gilman Elementary staff.
~All dues were paid at this time
D. New Business
1. Social Committee~ Student Movie Night: updates were given by Trixie Pankey. 90 students were signed up to attend at this time. Movie to be shown, “Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.” Time: 6-7:45 pm. $1.00 donation from students to attend. PTT members have signed up to work certain areas including concessions, sign-in, crowd control, etc.
2. Website: Mrs. Muench has set up the website. Go to IW website-IW PTT. PTT also has an email address set up. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. School carnival~ April 9th. Mrs. Talbert asked the PTT to take over the raffle table. This includes, donations, who donated, setting up and working the table. The Fundraising committee will meet Monday, Feb. 22nd to discuss further.
4. School Box kits: Rita Fink presented the idea of selling “school box kits” that contain school supplies for students at registration. The group has decided to look into more and will be further discussed at the next meeting.
5. Discussed the idea of holding a student night at the H.S. with a bag tournament or other age appropriate games.
6. Faculty/Staff Issues/Concerns: None at this time. We did discuss the idea of talking to the staff about changing the lunch and lunch recess schedule. Other districts have benefitted from holding recess first and then eating. This matter will be continued.
Adjournment: Next P.T.T. meeting will be Thursday, February 25th, 2010.